[Bldg-sim] Occupancy loads of a typical American typical family in a small container house

Kevin Kyte KKyte at watts-ae.com
Thu Jul 3 13:19:08 PDT 2014

I think typical occupancy loads for western houses would be near 0 during the day except for pets.  Mixed during weekends, maybe 50% outside of sleep time, less for a container house.  Electrical appliances will be plugged in and drawing energy throughout the day.  I suggest researching the energy draw of appliances while idle.  Appliance and electronics use will ramp up in the evenings and jump considerably at night after 8pm.  Just some thoughts...

Kevin