[Bldg-sim] Length of cooling (and heating) season

Jeremiah Crossett jcrossett at phasechange.com
Thu Jul 3 22:45:25 PDT 2014

You could download energy plus weather data.zip, then open the .stat file,
at the bottom (starting at line 523)

The info below is copied from a Portland Oregon location, and seems to fit
your use case.

- Climate type "Cfb" (Köppen classification)**
 - Marine west coastal (warm summer, mild winter, rain all year, lat.
35-60°N)
 - **Note that the Köppen classification shown here is derived
algorithmically from the source weather data.
 -   It may not be indicative of the long term climate for this location.

 - Climate type "4A" (ASHRAE Standard 196-2006 Climate Zone)**
 - Mixed - Humid, Probable Köppen classification=Cfa/Dfa, Humid
Subtropical/Humid Continental (Warm Summer)
 - **Note that the ASHRAE classification shown here is derived
algorithmically from the source weather data.
 -   It may not be indicative of the long term climate for this location.

 - Typical/Extreme Period Determination

 - Summer is Jul:Sep
     Extreme Summer Week (nearest maximum temperature for summer)
     Extreme Hot Week Period selected: Aug  5:Aug 11, Maximum Temp=
 37.80°C, Deviation=|15.207|°C
     Typical Summer Week (nearest average temperature for summer)
     Typical Week Period selected: Aug 12:Aug 18, Average Temp=  19.11°C,
Deviation=| 0.233|°C

 - Winter is Jan:Mar
     Extreme Winter Week (nearest minimum temperature for winter)
     Extreme Cold Week Period selected: Jan  1:Jan  7, Minimum Temp=
 -3.30°C, Deviation=| 7.216|°C
     Typical Winter Week (nearest average temperature for winter)
     Typical Week Period selected: Jan 15:Jan 21, Average Temp=   6.89°C,
Deviation=| 0.099|°C

 - Autumn is Oct:Dec
     Typical Autumn Week (nearest average temperature for autumn)
     Typical Week Period selected: Nov 12:Nov 18, Average Temp=   8.46°C,
Deviation=| 0.285|°C

 - Spring is Apr:Jun
     Typical Spring Week (nearest average temperature for spring)
     Typical Week Period selected: May  6:May 12, Average Temp=  14.40°C,
Deviation=| 0.211|°C

* ​​Jeremiah D. Crossett ** | Senior Analyst  **| **LEED Green Associate *
*​​120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  ​​ |
Mobile 503-688-8951www.phasechange.com <http://www.phasechange.com/>  *