[Bldg-sim] NECB 2011 - Interpretation of 4.3.2.10

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 11:04:57 PDT 2014

Hello Danielle,

I tend to agree with your interpretation.

Personal control is definitely an on/off switch controlled by individuals.
If you double check Table 4.3.2.10.A., you will find only handful spaces
allow such credit, i.e. laboratory, office, Judges' chambers, and patient
rm.

For automatic control device that is capable of turning off lighting
without occupant intervention, the general options include time schedule
and sensing occupants in the space. Occupancy-Sensing Mechanism – Automatic
will yield better lighting savings in this manner.

Regards,

Cheney

LinkedIN @
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/yu-cheney-chen-ph-d-bemp-leed-ap-bd-c/27/637/72b