[Bldg-sim] Claiming savings from receptacle loads

Nicholas Blanton nicholas.blanton at arup.com
Mon Jul 14 15:45:59 PDT 2014

Hi,

IBC 2012 requires occupancy sensors on receptacles for space types. The C&S building I am modeling is using LEED V3 (90.1 2009).

I would like to claim savings on receptacle loads by reducing my receptacle schedule in the proposed model to 0% during unoccupied hours (down from 5%) and possibly lower my percentages during occupied hours to account for vampire loads.

Has anyone had success claiming savings for receptacle load reduction in terms of getting it through USGBC? Any documentation or procedures you could point me to that would be helpful?

Thanks,

Nicholas E Blanton LEED AP BD+C
Mechanical Engineer

Arup
1120 Connecticut Avenue NW  Suite 1110  Washington DC 20036  USA
t +1 202 729 8220    d +1 202 729 8241
m +1 505 228 4154
www.arup.com<http://www.arup.com/>