[Bldg-sim] Help Wanted: Energy Modeler position @ HOK SF

Maria Berta maria at pointenergyinnovations.com
Thu Jun 12 13:27:16 PDT 2014

Hello All!

This is a great opportunity at a great firm...take a look please and let me
know if you'd be interested.

[image: HOK.jpeg]

Energy Modeler

Analyze energy efficient building systems.

Be a part of the next generation of design! We are an international,
highly-respected and well-established A/E firm...in fact, we are the
largest A/E firm in the US! ENR CA named us the “Design Firm of the Year”.
Our San Francisco office is expanding its capability and is poised to
become the national leader in sustainability. California has the aggressive
energy code in the nation. We work with some of the most progressive high
tech clients in the area. There isn’t a more exciting time or place to work
in energy efficient design. Imagine working in an office where A and E is
combined into the ideal integrated design platform working on the most
sustainable projects in the nation. We are looking for a
sustainably-minded, super talented engineer to join our team. www.hok.com

RESPONSIBILITIES:

   -

   Provide energy simulations in eQuest, EnergyPro, IES-VE and Energy Plus
   to aid in energy efficient design and efficiency measures
   -

   Read and understand project documentation of energy-related systems,
   sustainable design, LEED, including energy modeling inputs and outputs,
   LEED templates, calculations, specifications, and architectural,
   mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings
   -

   Apply various LEED rating systems including templates and documentation
   requirements, to the review of documentation and preparation of
   documentation
   -

   Assess building designs and prepare recommendations to improve energy
   performance and enhance environmental sustainability
   -

   Developing building energy models to inform design decision-making and
   document building performance
   -

   Coordinating with architectural, mechanical, and electrical designers to
   achieve energy-efficiency goals
   -

   Research leading-edge green technologies and practices.

REQUIRED SKILLS:

   -

   Understanding of HVAC, lighting, and building envelope systems for
   commercial and institutional buildings

   -

   Strong knowledge of DOE-2 based programs: eQUEST, EnergyPro and TRANE
   TRACE

REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:

   -

   BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Building Sciences
   -

   2+ years of experience with HVAC systems and controls

*Maria Briggs Berta,* LEED Green Assoc.
Director of Operations

*Mobile*: 510/599-3663
maria at pointenergyinnovations.com