[Bldg-sim] HELP WANTED: Senior Building Analyst

David Reddy david at 360-analytics.com
Sun Jun 15 23:03:41 PDT 2014

360 Analytics is looking for an experienced building energy modeler to
join our team as a key player in growing a small consulting firm. Based
in Seattle, 360 Analytics analyzes and predicts how buildings use energy
and other resources, with the ultimate goal of helping our clients
achieve cost-effective energy conservation objectives while reducing
their environmental impact. We specialize in using whole building energy
simulation software, however our approach relies heavily upon research
and engineering fundamentals to develop realistic analysis inputs and
verify results.

Our diverse experience and service offering provides a unique
environment for the self-motivated, talented analyst to make their mark
in a small but growing company. Our work includes early phase analysis
of design alternatives, evaluations of existing buildings, measurement
and verification, and code compliance/LEED modeling. 360 Analytics is
also a key contributor to CBECC-Com (California Building Energy Code
Compliance - Commercial), an open source software project designed to be
used by code agencies, rating authorities, and utility programs in the
development and implementation of energy codes, standards, and other
efficiency programs. The successful candidate will also bring the ideas,
expertise, and motivation to continue expanding the quality and scope of
our services.

This position could be a great fit if you answer yes to the following
questions:

·Are you passionate about using analysis to optimize design and make
buildings more efficient?

·Do you enjoy developing new approaches for making the energy modeling
process better or more efficient?

·Have you been energy modeling for years, and feel there is not enough
emphasis on evaluating modeling predictions or the actual performance of
buildings?

·Do you want to help define the direction and reap the rewards of
growing a small company?

The Senior Building Analyst position is full time, and located in our
Seattle, Washington office. Responsibilities include:

·Serve as a primary point of contact with clients to provide technical
guidance for meeting their project goals.

·Leverage whole building energy simulation and other analysis techniques
to model and analyze energy use in new and existing buildings.

·Perform evaluations of existing building performance, including utility
bill analysis, benchmarking, on-site building audits and field measurements.

·Follow guidelines to generate energy models or other calculations for
code compliance and green building rating systems, such as LEED.

·Assist in testing and development of a new, open-source energy modeling
software, CBECC-Com.

·Able to work independently, as well as manage and mentor other analysts
to cooperatively complete projects on-time and on-budget.

·Create and implement measurement and verification (M&V) or other study
plans to evaluate building performance.

·Produce complete and accurate reports/presentations suitable for both
lay and technical audiences.

·Develop and/or enhance tools and processes to improve the quality and
efficiency of the energy analysis workflow.

·Be proactive in addressing questions or concerns raised by both clients
and managers/co-workers.

·Participate in proposal development, presentations and other business
development activities.

To be considered, candidates should be able to demonstrate meeting the
following qualifications:

·BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education/knowledge of
fundamental thermodynamic principles.

·'Expert'**level**experience using energy simulation software,
specifically, eQuest/DOE-2.2 or OpenStudio/EnergyPlus.

·In-depth knowledge using the DOE-2 BDL expression language or similar
approaches for improving the efficiency of the modeling process.

·Detailed knowledge of energy and other building codes, specifically
Washington State/Seattle Energy Code, California Title 24, and ASHRAE
Standard 90.1.

·Highly proficient with MS Excel and other software used to organize,
analyze and report data.

·Demonstrated ability to complete projects on-time and within budget.

·Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.

·Motivated to advance both personal and company knowledge in the field
of building performance analysis.

·Licensed PE in Washington or California.

Additional desired skills/experience:

·Architectural, HVAC, lighting or plumbing design experience.

·Proficiency with Google SketchUp or Revit software.

·Building energy auditing or commissioning experience.

·Knowledge of one or more computer programming languages -- preferably
Ruby, Python or VBA.

·Experience with other tools used to evaluate and optimize building
systems, such as Radiance, Relux, WINDOW/THERM, Natural Resources Canada
(NRC) software tools, National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL) software tools.

·LEED AP or familiarity with LEED and other green building standards.

We offer competitive pay, training, paid medical, life, and long-term
disability insurance, profit sharing, and the opportunity to take a
leadership role in a growing, dynamic company. Relocation assistance is
available for the right candidate.

For more information on our firm or this position, visit our website at
www.360-analytics.com <http://www.360-analytics.com>, or send us an
email at info at 360-analytics.com <mailto:info at 360-analytics.com>. To be
formally considered for this position, please send a cover letter and
resume to jobs at 360-analytics.com <mailto:jobs at 360-analytics.com>

--

David Reddy

*360 Analytics*
Building Energy Analysis Consultants
mail:     9750 3rd Ave NE, Suite 405, Seattle, WA 98115
office:  206.557.4732 x 201
cell:      206.406.9856
web:    www.360-Analytics.com