[Bldg-sim] TMY3 Weather files - middle of the ocean

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Mon Mar 3 19:35:38 PST 2014

The ISD (Integrated Surface Hourly Database) of archived weather station reports from
around the world includes dozens of reports from buoys or oil platforms in various
places.   I have tended to ignore the buoys, but have kept track of the oil platform
weather reports.  For Norway, there are three oil platforms with sufficient data to create
simulation-usable weather files:

013755,Gullfax(Platform),2013,Complete,628,NOR_GULLFAX(PLATFORM)_013755_13.zip,NOR,61.033,2.033,10,0.0
010886,Sleipner-A-Oil-Platf,2013,Complete,642,NOR_SLEIPNER-A-OIL-PLATF_010886_13.zip,NOR,58.367,1.900,30,1.0
010887,Troll-C-Oil-Platform,2013,Complete,646,NOR_TROLL-C-OIL-PLATFORM_010887_13.zip,NOR,60.886,3.610,20,1.0

The raw data from ISD can be accessed at http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/isd/index.php

If you want more information or help about processing the ISD, please send me an e-mail.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D