[Bldg-sim] radiation through glazing

Laouadi, Aziz Abdelaziz.Laouadi at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Mar 4 11:26:16 PST 2014

Dear all,

My colleague, expert in low-e coating, told me that silver-based low-e coatings (most of the soft low-e coatings use Silver) will reflect most of the radio frequency waves. Indeed,  almost all of the radio power is reflected within the first few atoms of the metal material.

Best regards!

Abdelaziz (Aziz) Laouadi, Ph.D., MASHRAE
Research Officer | Agent de recherche
Construction
National Research Council Canada | Conseil national de recherches du Canada
1200 chemin de Montréal Road, Ottawa, ON K1A 0R6
Tel: 613-990-6868 | Fax: 613-954-3733
Email: Aziz.Laouadi at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
http://archive.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/projects/irc/optical-characteristics.html
http://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/index.html