[Bldg-sim] Coupling GenOpt, Energyplus and Daysim

Tavis Wells rangitokomo at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 04:52:16 PDT 2014

Hi, Thank you for your replies!

Alstan,
Yes, Khaled's tutorial for GenOpt + Radiance has been very helpful. I think the same input file structure could be used, plus the Daysim Header file.

Mike,
This RunDirMulti.bat looks like it would be used to simulate a batch of pre-made EnergyPlus models in parallel, is this right? Or does it enable 1 model to run subsequent iterations? I need one iteration to finish before the next starts, so GenOpt can make its systematic changes to the model.

Yi,
I've tried copy pasting the Daysim batch file command lines in at the start of the RunEplus.bat so that it runs and completes before the Eplus model. This appears to work when run from the command shell, but, again, not when attempted through GenOpt. I think it comes back to Eplus and GenOpt- not creating temporary directories properly when called through a batch file (even following the command lines from GenOpts example files)?

Best regards,
Tavis.