No subject

Thu May 8 09:17:00 PDT 2014

horizontal bands are no longer required. You can place the windows =
as-designed and run the baseline with the same windows (as long as you =
do not exceed 40% window-to-wall ratio).=20

-----Original Message-----
From: bldg-sim at gard.com [mailto:bldg-sim at gard.com]On Behalf Of Andy =
McNamara
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:39 AM
To: bldg-sim at gard.com
Subject: [bldg-sim] eQUEST window baseline

Hello,

I am creating an energy model for a LEED project.  In "baselining" the =
building, one of the stipulations of ASHRAE 90.1 2004 is that the =
windows must be evenly distributed in horizontal bands on each facet of =
the facade.  My building has 17 facets due to a somewhat complicated =
design and I am wondering if anyone knows a relatively straightforward =
way to accomplish that distribution.  One of my problems is that in the =
Design Development Wizard, there are only 4 areas in which to enter =
percentages (N., E., S., W.) which doesn't seem to work on a building =
with so many facets.  On the other hand, it seems tedious to go into =
each window and adjust its percentage.  Is there a more elegant way to =
adjust window proportions globally?  I am thinking a parametric run =
might be the best solution.  Can anyone provide some insight on this?

Thank you!
Andrew McNamara

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16414" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D466115217-15022007><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>From=20
what I have been told by a member of the EA TAG is that the horizontal =
bands are=20
no longer required. You can place the windows as-designed and run the =
baseline=20
with the same windows (as long as you do not exceed 40% window-to-wall =
ratio).=20
</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> bldg-sim at gard.com=20
  [mailto:bldg-sim at gard.com]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Andy =
McNamara<BR><B>Sent:</B>=20
  Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:39 AM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  bldg-sim at gard.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [bldg-sim] eQUEST window=20
  baseline<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><SPAN =
class=3Dgmail_quote></SPAN>Hello,<BR><BR>I am=20
  creating an energy model for a LEED project.  In "baselining" the =

  building, one of the stipulations of ASHRAE 90.1 2004 is that the =
windows must=20
  be evenly distributed in horizontal bands on each facet of the =
facade. =20
  My building has 17 facets due to a somewhat complicated design and I =
am=20
  wondering if anyone knows a relatively straightforward way to =
accomplish that=20
  distribution.  One of my problems is that in the Design =
Development=20
  Wizard, there are only 4 areas in which to enter percentages (N., E., =
S., W.)=20
  which doesn't seem to work on a building with so many facets.  On =
the=20
  other hand, it seems tedious to go into each window and adjust its=20
  percentage.  Is there a more elegant way to adjust window =
proportions=20
  globally?  I am thinking a parametric run might be the best=20
  solution.  Can anyone provide some insight on this?<BR><BR>Thank=20
  you!<BR>Andrew McNamara<BR clear=3Dall><BR></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE>