[Bldg-sim] Energy Modeler Needed

Cheryl Glover cglover at epstengroup.com
Thu May 1 14:13:34 PDT 2014

At Epsten Group, we believe in creating sustainable, beautiful, and healthy spaces and communities to live, work, and play. We are seeking like-minded individuals to join our team of Energy and HVAC experts in Atlanta, GA. Our energy modelers produce energy simulations for a vast array of project types, influencing design decisions that reduce energy demands while providing comfortable, healthy spaces. Our experts also provide third-party reviews of energy modeling documentation for applications to the LEED certification program, one of the most globally recognized sustainable design and construction certification programs. We provide in-house training that brings our newest team members from "experienced" to "expert." We seek individuals with a mechanical engineering background, experience with energy models in various energy modeling platforms, and an understanding of the LEED energy modeling protocol for multiple rating systems.

Essential Functions:

  *   Provide energy simulations in EnergyPlus, eQUEST, TRACE, HAP, and other energy-modeling software platforms.
  *   Comprehend project documentation of energy-related systems, including energy modeling inputs and outputs, LEED documentation, load calculations, specifications, and architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings.
  *   Provide written reports of findings for multiple LEED rating systems and building types

Desired Skills & Experience

  *   Degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline
  *   Experience with energy models for LEED, energy audits, or similar applications
  *   Strong technical writing skills required
  *   Experience with LEED energy modeling protocol
  *   3 years related experience
  *   Familiarity with ASHRAE Standard 90.1, ASHRAE Standard 62.1, LEED Reference Guides, California Title 24, IECC, and other energy related codes
  *   Accreditation as a LEED AP
  *   P.E. or EIT and design experience preferred

Best Regards,

Cheryl Glover, PHR
Human Resources Manager

[Logo_with_text_horizontal-sized-for-email-sig]
Epsten Group, Inc.
399 Edgewood Avenue . Atlanta, Georgia 30312 USA
t 404.577.0370 ext. 125   epstengroup.com<http://www.epstengroup.com/>

[fb for email]<http://www.facebook.com/theepstengroup>  [twitter for email] <https://twitter.com/EpstenGroup>   [linkedin for email] <http://linkedin.com/company/the-epsten-group>   [utube for email] <http://www.youtube.com/epstengroup>   Please consider the environment before you print this email.
This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.
Any unauthorized review, use, copying, saving, alteration or distribution is strictly prohibited and may violate state or federal law.
If you are not the intended recipient, kindly contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete this email including any attachments.