[Bldg-sim] Fan modulation for VRF fan coils

Aaron Smith asmith at mreng.ca
Wed May 7 14:17:02 PDT 2014

Hi Fred,

>From my experience, VRF controls have usually just given the user 2 to 4
steps of fan speed (not infinitely variable) but now that I look at one of
the controls manuals (see Mitsubishi City-Multi below), they have an "Auto"
option as well.  It doesn't explain how auto mode works but I know some
fan-coil unit controls adjust the fan speed based on how far the room
temperature is from setpoint - perhaps this does the same?

Aaron

Aaron Smith, P.Eng

M&R Engineering

  _____