[Bldg-sim] TRANSFER FUNCTION FOR HEAVY AND THICK WALLS

Luis Peréz-Lombard lpl at us.es
Fri May 16 06:06:40 PDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

As you probably know, Conduction Transfer Function (CTF) method does not handle thick and massive walls, because the accuracy of the CTF coefficients is degraded. In particular, in DOE-2, you get the following message:

"Cannot simulate LAYERS .... as given. The wall is too thick or too dense"

I have heard of a possible solution to solve this problem by dividing the wall into thin layers. I have made an attempt in e-quest, but the problem remains, and I do not know how to proceed.

Any insight on this issue would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

LPL

Luis Pérez-Lombard
Dr. Ingeniero Industrial