[Bldg-sim] HELP WANTED - Director of BEM Advancement

Peter Ellis peter.ellis at bigladdersoftware.com
Tue May 20 10:36:55 PDT 2014

Help Wanted - Director of BEM Advancement

Big Ladder Software seeks to hire a Director of BEM Advancement to help us
advance the building energy modeling (BEM) industry by scaling up the
services, resources, and software that we offer.

*About Big Ladder Software*

Big Ladder is a Denver-based company dedicated to providing services and
software for *energy modelers and energy modeling firms*. The company name
reflects our mission to "help our clients reach new heights". Founded in
2009, we are a team of engineers and computer programmers who are
passionate about developing innovative open-source software tools for
building energy modeling. We exclusively use the *EnergyPlus* simulation
engine to perform whole-building energy analyses. We also offer training
workshops, commercial support, and custom software development services for
*EnergyPlus*.

*Job Description*

This job is for a full-time position at our Denver location. If hired,
responsibilities would include:

- Developing training workshops, materials, and tutorials for
*EnergyPlus*and our software tools
- Teaching training workshops on *EnergyPlus* and our software tools
- Developing standardized processes and methods for delivering high-quality
commercial support
- Providing commercial support for our clients using *EnergyPlus* and our
software tools
- Growing and leading a small team of training and support experts for
*EnergyPlus*
- Influencing the direction of new software tools for energy modeling
- Conducting research on energy modeling topics and software tools
- Authoring conference papers, white papers, and blog posts on energy
modeling topics
- Performing building energy analyses using *EnergyPlus*
- Developing business opportunities for new work.

*Job Requirements*

To be considered for the job, you should be able to demonstrate the
following minimum requirements:

- Deep expertise in using *EnergyPlus*
- Deep knowledge and understanding of building science and HVAC systems
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work independently.

Finally, this might be the right job for you, if you agree with most of the
following statements:

- You feel an irrational duty to elevate the standard of energy modeling in
the industry
- You find yourself pushing the limits of your energy modeling tools on a
daily basis, and it frustrates you to no end
- You believe that *EnergyPlus* can, and should, be much more widely
adopted by the industry
- You considered becoming a teacher or a professor at some point in your
life
- You have an entrepreneurial streak that has gone untapped for too long
- You think there MUST be better ways to do software for building energy
modeling.

For instructions on how to submit your application, visit
http://bigladdersoftware.com/director-adx.html