[Bldg-sim] Air mixer for fresh air loop in E+?

Aaron Boranian flyn.hawyn at gmail.com
Wed May 28 19:52:10 PDT 2014

Thanks for the tips, everyone! I'll try to get a hold of someone on the
EnergyPlus forums.  I'm trying to stick with E+, as the model as 100+ zones
and we have devoted lots of time already.  We are thinking of possibly
modelling the unit with and without the mixing damper in TRNSYS to apply a
correction factor to E+ results.

In the meantime, I've attached a schematic of the dehumidification unit I
discussed.
1 - Untreated outdoor air, inlet to primary side of HX
2 - Outlet of primary side of HX, inlet to CC
3 - Outlet of CC, inlet to secondary side of HX
4 - Outlet of secondary side of HX, mixed with air state 3 to achieve
desirable supply air temperature
5 - Supply air

[image: Inline image 2]

Thanks again,