[Bldg-sim] question regarding lighting efficiency/gains units ofmeasurement

Jill Dalglish jill at jilldalglish.com
Thu May 29 14:31:03 PDT 2014

Since the conversion of fc to lux is the same conversion of ft^2 to m^2
(by definition), 1 W/m^2/lux = 1 W/ft^2/fc  Not messy at all!

The US codes don't usually combine luminaire horizontal work plane
efficiency (lux/W or fc/W) with LPD (W/ft^2 or W/m^2).

*Jill Dalglish, PE, LEED AP BD+C*

Dalglish Daylighting
S/W/DBE Certified Business
_www.dalglishdaylighting.com_ <http://www.dalglishdaylighting.com/>