[Bldg-sim] HELP WANTED: GBCI (USGBC) - Energy Team LEED Certification Reviewer
ghampsmire at usgbc.org
Mon Nov 3 15:40:00 PST 2014
This position may be performed in Washington, DC or remotely within the United States.
USGBC is seeking a green building specialist with expertise in energy modeling to provide technical expertise for LEED certification and the advancement of the LEED Rating Systems as an Energy Team LEED Certification Reviewer. Compensation includes an excellent benefits package, including 100% employer-paid premiums on healthcare and employer-matching 401(k) program.
Please submit resume and letter of interest, with salary requirements and title of position applying for, via email to jobs at usgbc.org<mailto:jobs at usgbc.org> copied to ghampsmire at usgbc.org<mailto:ghampsmire at usgbc.org> or fax to 202-478-5046<tel:202-478-5046>, attn: Human Resources. Please indicate where you saw the posting for this opportunity. No phone calls please.
LEED Certification Reviewers serve as primary technical subject matter experts for the evaluation of projects pursuing LEED Certification. These individuals draw on cross-cutting knowledge of, and direct experience with, the suite of LEED Rating Systems to serve as resources and problem-solvers for technical issues pertaining to LEED.
Specific responsibilities include
· Review project documentation for prerequisites and credits for compliance with LEED requirements
· Provide expert review of EA Credit 1: Optimize Energy Performance, and related credits
· Educate the LEED marketplace through comments and technical advice to project teams
· Perform quality control (QC) review of work performed by other GBCI LEED Certification Reviewers and external review teams
· Provide technical support as needed to the LEED Customer Service team
· Contribute to the continued development and increased technical knowledge of fellow LEED Certification Reviewers through collaborative teamwork
· Assist in developing, reviewing, and refining LEED programs, policies and plans, as well as specific LEED credit language and reference materials
· Assist in conceiving and developing improvements to LEED and the certification review process based on personal knowledge and vision, or user feedback
· Liaise with USGBC Technical Development team, LEED Technical Advisory Groups,
· USGBC Resource Development team, USGBC Education team, GBCI Credentialing team, and other internal and external groups as needed
· Maintain currency of expertise by staying abreast of new and developing industry issues and trends
· (For senior candidates) Assist with mentoring other team members and provide other limited team management duties as needed.
· Other duties as assigned
Education and training requirements/preferences
· Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in mechanical or energy engineering or equivalent
· Professional engineer license preferred
· CEM certification preferred
· LEED AP required upon hire; with specialty preferred (BD+C, ID+C)
· LEED Certification Reviewer certificate preferred (required after hire)
· Minimum 2, 5, 7, 10 years direct professional experience (depending on level) in mechanical system design, energy modeling, commissioning and energy auditing
· Direct experience with at least 10 energy models for commercial projects by consulting on, creating or reviewing compliance with ASHRAE Std. 90.1, California’s Title-24 or equivalent local code
· Experience with a variety of high-performance building projects, including LEED projects
· Direct experience using energy modeling programs for commercial buildings (eQuest, EnergyPro, Trace, HAP, Visual DOE, IES, EnergyPlus, etc.) and understanding of their input and output summary documentation
· Ability to read, understand and interpret building floor plans, sections, site plans, construction specifications, mechanical schedules, commissioning reports and operational policies
· Detailed technical understanding of and experience with common environmental building codes and standards (e.g., ASHRAE 90.1, ASHRAE 62.1, ASHRAE 55, California Title 24, IPMVP Vol. III, IESNA RP-33, ASHRAE 189, IECC)
· Passion and commitment to USGBC mission
· Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Detail-oriented and able to prioritize
· Experience serving in technical consultative role
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing
· Excellent ability to clearly explain advanced technical issues in manner that is easily understood
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
· Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work
· Ability to work well both independently and on teams
· Willingness to self-initiate
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite and LEED Online
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bldg-sim