[Bldg-sim] Help Wanted - Sr. Energy Engineer

Victoria Lieding vlieding at VACOMTECH.com
Thu Nov 6 10:27:53 PST 2014

Senior Energy Analysis Engineer
Opportunity
We are seeking an individual with strong technical skills in HVACR and energy analysis to join our team at our San Luis Obispo location in the position of Senior Energy Analysis Engineer.
You'll work with some of the best known food processors, distribution companies and "cold chain" operators in the nation, help deliver creative energy solutions, and broaden your knowledge and experience in the growing business of energy efficiency.  You'll play an important role in providing measurable energy and cost savings while helping to improve the global environment.
Salary:                   $70,000 to $100,000, depending on relevant experience and capabilities
Travel:                  Approximately 25%
Location:              San Luis Obispo, California
Your Role
*         Perform whole building/system analysis using DOE2.2R and other programs, for industrial and commercial facilities with refrigeration systems and other specialized systems.
*         Develop and write studies describing energy efficiency alternatives to improve design and control, for new and existing facilities as well as prototype/standards work, including improvements to refrigeration, process systems, building envelope, HVAC, lighting, etc.
*         Work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop large energy efficiency projects, including performing or assisting with on-site surveys, project development engineering, assisting with technical sales presentations, and providing analysis of operational performance.
*         Lead field studies, research reports and other consulting projects, working with other VaCom engineers as well as outside consultants, contractors and customers.
Minimum Requirements
*         BSME degree
*         Strong fundamental skills in engineering thermodynamics, including refrigeration cycle, psychrometrics and energy relationships
*         Experience with energy analysis tools and at least three years' experience in energy efficiency and the HVACR industry
*         Strong computer skills (e.g. MS Office, simulation programs)
*         Demonstrated high quality technical writing skills
Beneficial Skills and Qualifications
*         Project management training and experience
*         Experience with control theory and control systems
*         Experience with building and/or equipment codes and standards
*         PE license
Benefits
*         Health and dental insurance with 80% of the family premium paid by VaCom and choice of several PPO and HMO plans
*         Paid vacation, holidays and 40 hours of paid sick leave per year
*         Retirement plan
*         Term life insurance policy
*         Section 125 medical savings account and dependent care savings account
Who We Are
VaCom Technologies is a nationally known energy efficiency contracting and technical consulting company specializing in refrigeration systems and industrial facilities.  In business since 1992, VaCom's mission is to help our clients optimize the performance and efficiency of their facilities utilizing our capabilities in analysis, control and monitoring of refrigeration systems.
We design and implement high-value projects for existing facilities such as food plants and "cold chain" distribution companies using sophisticated analysis tools, advanced control techniques and careful integration with client needs.  Projects achieve improved efficiency, increased reliability and turn-key delivery of utility incentives.
Our project development and delivery approach emphasizes fundamentally sound engineering methods and state-of-the-art control technologies, supported by ongoing performance analysis using VaCom's own EnergyDashboard(tm) service to provide clients with the greatest life-cycle value.  We design projects that are energy efficient, cost effective, and environmentally sound.

Regards,

Victoria Lieding
Personnel Services & Development Director
VaCom Technologies
(909) 392-6704