[Bldg-sim] Update on Spec Heating decrease with Window Film application

Keith Swartz kswartz at ecw.org
Fri Nov 7 11:32:09 PST 2014

John,

I have also had models with VAV systems where the ventilation air changed rather dramatically if the peak cooling airflow changes, especially if the ventilation calculation uses the Multiple Spaces Equation from ASHRAE 62.1. If the peak airflow changes for each space while the ventilation airflow per space remains the same, the fraction of outside air for each space changes, which affects the system outside air amount.

Keith Swartz, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
Senior Energy Engineer | Energy Center of Wisconsin | Madison.Chicago.Minneapolis
608.210.7123 | www.ecw.org<http://www.ecw.org/>