[Bldg-sim] 90.1-2010 Appendix G heat source question

Jones, Christopher cjones at halsall.com
Fri Nov 14 13:01:29 PST 2014

The proposed design has 9 floors and has heat recovery chillers, air-to-water heat pumps and natural gas boilers for the heating plant.  Based on Table G3.1.1A, I selected System 5.  Based on G3.1.3.2, I selected electric boiler as the predominate heat source is electric.

Based on G3.1.1 exception b.  I have some spaces that require a single zone system.  As the building has Fossil/Electric Hybrid heating, I select System 3 - PSZ-AC.  My question is: should the heat source of these systems be gas furnace as per Table G3.1.1A or should I select electric resistance as the predominate heat source is electric?

Thanks for any insights!

Christopher Jones, P.Eng.
Halsall Associates
Tel: 416.644.4226 * Toll Free: 1.888.425.7255 x 527 *  www.halsall.com<http://www.halsall.com/>
Vancouver * Calgary * Sudbury  * Burlington * Toronto * Ottawa
Best Workplaces in Canada, Seven Consecutive Years: 2007 - 2013
A Parsons Brinckerhoff Company

NOTICE: This communication and any attachments ("this message") may contain confidential information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use, disclosure, viewing, copying, alteration, dissemination or distribution of, or reliance on this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or you are not an authorized recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail system and destroy any printed copies.