[Bldg-sim] EnergyPlus District heating conversion factor

Julien Marrec julien.marrec at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 06:41:11 PDT 2014

Georgios,

For all others fuells, you'd set that in FuelFactors.

But for district heating and cooling, you want to play with
EnvironmentalImpactFactors. You'll be able to adjust the heating efficiency
and the cooling COP, in order to get the conversion factors you want from
site to source.
"Object Description: Used to help convert district and ideal energy use to
a fuel type and provide total carbon equivalent with coefficients
Also used in Source=>Site conversions."

I suggest you take a look at the Input/output reference manual, in the
section "EnvironmentalImpactFactors" (in the I/O reference for v8.2, it's
on page 2162/2234)

Cheers,
Julien

--