[Bldg-sim] General query - impact of location on energy demand

Jeetendra Kumar jitendra_kr at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 26 06:56:41 PDT 2014

Hi All,
Javed: Thank you for sharing the publication titles. Shall check soon.
Jim: I assume you are following the developments closely - http://c40.org/blog_posts/global-mayors-compact-shows-unity-and-ambition-to-tackle-climate-change. But I agree, we should be scientific in our approach. I often think of an argument - Can we handle the consequences if we are wrong about ignoring global warming? But, even if I go by the perspective of energy only, the question remains valid (PS). If emissions was the reason for your "No", please let me know your answer now. Besides, do send your comments on what Brian shared earlier as it shows that location does have an impact, if I am not missing something there.
Sincerely,
Jeetendra.
PS: Can our understanding of the impact of location on energy, esp due to natural factors, be used for planning where should we build cities in future, to conserve energy?