[Bldg-sim] Position Announcement: Affiliated Engineers, Inc. Madison, WI
btalbert at aeieng.com
Wed Jul 8 13:02:35 PDT 2015
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Sustainable Systems Analyst to join our Madison, WI office. AEI is a leading US-based multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm, specializing in technically complex projects nationally and internationally in the healthcare, research, energy and utilities, higher education, industrial, mission critical, and sustainability markets. Ranked #1 Science & Technology Engineering Firm by Building Design+Construction magazine, AEI has received 13 R&D magazine Lab of the Year awards.
The Sustainable Systems Analyst will work within our Sustainable Practice Team to help envision and evaluate high-performance building and system design strategies. The emphasis will be on using energy, airflow, and daylight simulation tools to help inform design, as well as document performance compared to accepted standards. The Analyst will also work to educate clients, architects and engineers on new technologies and innovative solutions. There will be opportunities to work with design engineers and develop better understanding and knowledge of the MEP consulting field.
* BSME/BSAE (or other engineering discipline with applicable experience).
* 2+ years of relevant experience using building simulation tools.
* Strong knowledge of EnergyPlus, TRNSYS, DOE-2, IES-VE, or eQUEST.
* Strong fundamental skills in building engineering thermodynamics.
* Experience with airflow (CONTAM, OpenFoam, Phoenics), daylight modeling (Elum Tools, DIVA, Radiance, DAYSIM), scripting, Grasshopper tools, AutoCAD/Revit and/or SketchUp is a plus.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities;
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Excellent organization and time management skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and strict timelines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to effectively priorities multiple tasks.
* Ability to work effectively individually and within a team environment.
AEI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) with immediate vesting, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan and more.
To be considered, please apply directly online at www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>.
AEI is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bldg-sim