[Bldg-sim] Existing Window Units (UNCLASSIFIED)

Larry Degelman ldegelman at suddenlink.net
Wed Jun 3 09:22:17 PDT 2015

Hello John,

I'm not sure if this this is what you’re looking for, but here's a table from a 33-page report (full report attached) by Southern California Edison Company, written in October 2007.  It covers a.c. EER values 25 years ago and 15 years ago.
Working Paper WPSCREHC001, Rev. 1.  Title: ENERGY STAR ROOM AIR CONDITIONERS.

Table 4: 1605.1 (b) Table B-2 Standards for Room Air Conditioners and Room Air-Conditioning Heat Pumps
Appliance                              Louvered     Cooling Capacity                Minimum EER
                                                    Sides                 (Btu/hr)                   Effective            Effective
                                                                                                              Jan 1, 1990        Oct 1, 2000
Room Air Conditioner             Yes                   < 6,000                        8.0                       9.7
Room Air Conditioner             Yes              ≥ 6,000 - 7,999                8.5                       9.7
Room Air Conditioner             Yes              ≥ 8,000 - 13,999              9.0                       9.8
Room Air Conditioner             Yes              ≥ 14,000 - 19,999           8.8                       9.7
Room Air Conditioner             Yes              ≥ 20,000                           8.2                       8.5
Room Air Conditioner             No               < 6,000                              8.0                       9.0
Room Air Conditioner             No               ≥ 6,000 - 7,999                8.5                       9.0
Room Air Conditioner             No               ≥ 8,000 - 19,999              8.5                       8.5
Room Air Conditioner             No               ≥ 20,000                           8.2                       8.5
Room A.C. Heat Pump            Yes             < 20,000                           8.5                       9.0
Room A.C. Heat Pump            Yes             ≥ 20,000                           8.5                       8.5
Room A.C. Heat Pump            No              < 14,000                            8.0                       8.5

If you want the full report in Word Document format, Google “Work Paper-Energy Star Room Air Conditioners”, then click & download the URL that shown [DOC] Work Paper-Energy Star Room Air Conditioners.  This will be the 33-page 2007 report.

Regards,
Larry O. Degelman, P.E., FIBPSA
Professor Emeritus of Architecture
Texas A&M University