[Bldg-sim] Deadline extended: Abstract Submission for Sustainable Built Environment (SBE) Regional Conference 2016, 13.-17.06.2016 ETH Zurich, Switzerland

Walzer Annette walzer at ibi.baug.ethz.ch
Tue Jun 30 08:53:30 PDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

It is a pleasure to inform you that the deadline for the abstract submission of our conference has been extended until the 1st of August 2015.

The conference takes place from 15-17 June 2016 at the ETH Zurich and focus on system thinking in the built environment. Workshops will be conducted before the conference (on the 13th and 14th). If you want to propose one, the deadline for application is the 15th of November 2015.

We welcome all contributions dealing with:

Integrated approaches to energy and resource efficiency

-          Urban mining, transformable structures

-          Systemic approaches and case studies for sustainable buildings, districts and areas (e.g. 2000W Society)

Distributed energy systems and infrastructure for buildings and cities

-          Multi-domain and / or, multiscale modelling, simulation and optimization of sustainable buildings and districts

-          Integrated approaches for energy generation and climatisation of buildings and districts

Novel life-cycle oriented building and construction materials

-          recycling / upcycling

-          alternative materials

-          Assessment of environmental impact of materials along their service life

Approaches to user and stakeholder involvement and interaction

-          Conceptual frameworks and aspects of implementation

-          User participation (efficiency, sufficiency) and the role of the municipality

Economic models and policy development for fast and efficient implementation

-          Policy development, innovative business models

-          Constraints / success factors for implementation

-          Alternative approaches (sharing economy etc…)

Enclosed please find detailed information about the conference and the call for abstracts. Please visit our website www.sbe16.ethz.ch<http://www.sbe16.ethz.ch> for further information. Please feel free to distribute the call for abstract of the Zurich Sustainable Built Environment conference to your colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you in Zurich in June 2016.

Yours sincerely,

The Organising Committee

p.p. Annette Walzer

ETH Zurich