[Bldg-sim] TRAINING: DesignBuilder EnergyPlus Simulation Training

Jim Dirkes jim at buildingperformanceteam.com
Mon Mar 2 10:58:02 PST 2015

Dear Forum,
The refrigerated warehouse we're modeling uses an "economizer" to help
unload the compressors in the winter. As I understand it, the system works
something like hot gas bypass for commercial air conditioners and routes
hot gas to the inlet of the compressor.
I don't see a direct method of modeling this, so I plan to create a
modified capacity curve for the compressors in order to represent the
impact of this "economizer".

   1. Do you have a better idea?
   2. Any cautions that apply to this approach from your experience?
   3.

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
CEO/President
The Building Performance Team Inc.
1631 Acacia Dr, GR, Mi 49504

Direct: 616.450.8653
jim at buildingperformanceteam.com

Website <http://buildingperformanceteamcom>l  LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-dirkes/7/444/413>

 The truth is like a lion; you don’t have to defend it. Let it loose; it
will defend itself.