[Bldg-sim] heat dissipation of hydro electric generator

Sat Mar 7 16:07:04 PST 2015

Folks

I have a few questions on indoor condition of a powerhouse (hydro-electric
generator).

1. I believe there are a lot of research done on the effect of temperature
inside the powerhouse to the electricity production and equipment lifetime.
Anybody can point me in the right direction where I can find such research?

2. What is the optimum temperature and the maximum temperature for indoor
air?

3. Is there any study on the heat dissipation/generation by the
turbine/generator? Is there a simple relationship of heat gain based on the
kW generated?

4. Is there minimum ventilation requirement for a powerhouse?

5. Is there any other indoor air quality requirements? I don't believe
there will be pollutant generation in a hydro-electric plant?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Ery