[Bldg-sim] EPlus Dehumidification Subcooling Temperature Too Low?

Jim Dirkes jim at buildingperformanceteam.com
Tue Mar 17 14:19:40 PDT 2015

Jacob,
I'm  big fan of Output:Variables in E+ and use them liberally to see
whether setpoints are met and to get clues about why setpoints are NOT met.
I see that you have a number of them in your IDF; have you evaluated those
values against the HVAC controls?

   - Is the RH setpoint consistently met?
   - You expect cooling, heating and overall energy to increase with
   controlled dehumidification (and they did), so are you concerned only with
   the magnitude of the jump?

I think some review of the energy for depressing discharge air temp to get
lower dewpoint, along with confirmation that the heating energy is
appropriate, will help you a lot.  You may also benefit from reporting the
variables at "timestep" instead of "hourly".

(I missed your post on the E+ forum)

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
CEO/President
The Building Performance Team Inc.
1631 Acacia Dr, GR, Mi 49504

Direct: 616.450.8653
jim at buildingperformanceteam.com

Website <http://buildingperformanceteamcom>l  LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-dirkes/7/444/413>

 Anger is the wind that blows out the candle of the mind.