[Bldg-sim] Simulation Tool Recommendations

Qureshi, Harris Harris.Qureshi at stantec.com
Thu May 21 00:53:18 PDT 2015

Hi James,

I would like to share my experience related to IDA ICE during my MSc thesis . The program indeed takes a long time to simulate but in my opinion the results are worth the wait . Anticipate starting the simulation at the 5 in the evening and coming back in the morning to see it still running for large buildings.

That said the results we got from the software were a good match against the survey's we did through a thermal comfort form for a multistory apartment building , which also had decent enough cross reference to a thermal comfort meter based empirical measurements taken over time .

I found the software more tailored towards research than the commercial market ( time involved , support for errors, crashes etc., it might have evolved over time this was back in 2012) but then how often do we simulate PMV indices when working with real world deadlines ....

I would be interested to know from the group how fast can Sefaira deliver results ??

Harris

Harris Qureshi, B.E(Mech), MSc. Energy Optimizations, LEED AP Homes
Mechanical Engineer
Stantec
Dubai Investment Park, PO Box 52764 Dubai UAE
Phone: +971-4-812-5947
Cell: +971-50-189-9924
Harris.Qureshi at stantec.com<mailto:Harris.Qureshi at stantec.com>

[http://www.stantec.com/content/dam/stantec/images/esignature/stantec.png]<http://www.stantec.com/>

The content of this email is the confidential property of Stantec and should not be copied, modified, retransmitted, or used for any purpose except with Stantec's written authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify us immediately.

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.