Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] DFX File Rendering

At 07:22 AM 2/15/02, you wrote:
>I have been viewing the sample building geometry .dfx files with
>AutoCAD LT.  I can see that windows are placed slightly inboard of
>their companion walls.  Consequently when hidden lines are removed or
>when surfaces are colored, all the windows disappear from the
>rendering.  This makes it difficult or imposible to check the imput
>for anything other than the simplest building.  Is the .dxf file
>rendering designed to some existing standard or could the door and
>window surfaces be relocated outside the walls where they would
>render easily?

The DXF file uses the coordinates as entered from the IDF or as converted
if you have "relative" surface geometry turned on.  If you create the solid
model in Autocad's Voloview Express, you see the windows, for example.  You
can also have windows with "reveals" -- that is they are intentionally
inset into the wall so as to produce shadowing from the wall projection.

It seems possible that their might be some rounding error in relative
coordinate transformation but other than that, I'm not sure what to tell
you.  I'm not familiar with nor have access to AutoCAD LT so cannot help
further.

Linda Lawrie

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
When building an e-commerce site, you want to start with a
secure foundation. Learn how with VeriSign's FREE Guide.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/oCuuSA/XdiDAA/yigFAA/dkFolB/TM