[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Zone Control:Thermostatic:Control Type Schedule Name

Thanks.  I understand now.  It is quite complicated and gives great
flexibility.

Perhaps it would help others if another example were included in the
documents which demonstrates a complicated thermostat set up, say
with a single heating setpoint in the winter, dual setpoint in spring
and autumn, and single cooling setpoint in the summer, with two
temperature schedules also included.  I wonder how ofter a more
complicated set up like this would be used?  Perhaps someone with a
controls background could comment.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@y..., "Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@g...>
wrote:
> Paul:
>
> The values (1-4) in the control type schedule refer to the
available control types as
> follows:
>
>   1 - Single Heating Setpoint
>
>   2 - Single Cooling SetPoint
>
>   3 - Single Heating/Cooling Setpoint
>
>   4 - Dual Setpoint (Heating and Cooling) with deadband
>
> So you need a schedule defined which specifies which control type
is to be used for each
> hour of the year.  This mapping is always true, no matter what
order the control types
> are listed later in the ZONE CONTROL:THERMOSTATIC object.  For a
given zone, you could
> have only one active type all year long, or switch between all four
types at different
> times of day or year.  The name of this schedule goes into
the "Control Type SCHEDULE
> Name" field of your ZONE CONTROL:THERMOSTATIC object.
>
> Then, in the ZONE CONTROL:THERMOSTATIC object, you list up to four
pairs of "Control
> type" and "Control type name".  These four pairs are order
independent, Control type #1
> is just the first one you list, it is *not* linked to the 1 in the
control type schedule.
>  If you only use "Dual setpoint with deadband", then you would
specify it as control type
> #1 and control type name #1 and leave the others blank.  For
example:

> ZONE CONTROL:THERMOSTATIC,
>     RESISTIVE ZONE Thermostat,
>                              !- Thermostat Name
>     RESISTIVE ZONE,          !- Zone Name
>     Zone-Control-Type-Sched, !- Control Type SCHEDULE Name
>     Dual Setpoint with Deadband,
>                              !- Control Type #1
>     RESISTIVE ZONE DualSPSched;
>                              !- Control Type Name #1
>
> DUAL SETPOINT WITH DEADBAND,
>     RESISTIVE ZONE DualSPSched,
>                              !- Name
>     Heating-Setpoints,       !- Heating Setpoint Temperature
SCHEDULE Name
>     Cooling-Setpoints;       !- Cooling Setpoint Temperature
SCHEDULE Name

>      DAYSCHEDULE, Control Type Day Sch, Control Type,
>         4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4;
>      WEEKSCHEDULE, Control Type Week Sch,
>         Control Type Day Sch,Control Type Day Sch,Control Type Day
Sch,
>         Control Type Day Sch,Control Type Day Sch,Control Type Day
Sch,
>         Control Type Day Sch,Control Type Day Sch,Control Type Day
Sch,
>         Control Type Day Sch,Control Type Day Sch,Control Type Day
Sch;
>      SCHEDULE, Zone-Control-Type-Sched, Control Type,
>         Control Type Week Sch, 1,1, 12,31;
>

> Thanks for pointing out that you cannot clear unused control types
in the idf editor.
> We'll have to fix that.
>
> Mike
>

> On 22 Mar 2002, at 12:56, ooodard wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I understand Zone Control:Thermostatic. Using the example file
> > RadLoTempHydrHeatCool.idf, Zone Control:Thermostatic sets
temperature
> > setpoints eg 13 C at night 20 C in the day.
> >
> > I don't understand the purpose of Zone
Control:Thermostatic:Control
> > Type Schedule Name (around page 209 of the I/O ref manual.)
> >
> > In an example, it gives 1:4 discrete as possible values and I
> > expected to have to schedule a value of 1-4 as keys to single
cooling
> > setpoint, single heating setpoint, single heating and cooling
> > setpoint, or dual setpoint.  But instead the IDF Editor takes
these 4
> > options from a pull down list.  So why the need for Zone
> > Control:Thermostatic:Control Type Schedule Name?
> >
> > My confusion is not helped by the example on page 208.
> >
> > Related matter:  adapting RadLoTempHydrHeatCool.idf using the IDF
> > Editor, I cannot delete CONTROL TYPE #2.  I had to delete it with
> > text editor.
> >
> > Anyone able to help please.
> >
> > Paul

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Testing and Support
> EnergyPlus-Support@g...

FIND OLD SCHOOL FRIENDS and OLD FLAMES
Click here to start your search at Reunion.com today!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/NFsLKA/Dn2DAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM