Re: AW: [EnergyPlus_Support] Heat Exchanger

The WaterHeater:Simple object is a multipurpose object which can
serve both domestic hot water demands and serve as a source of heat
to a hot water coil loop.  It has a storage tank and can be heated by
a burner or electric coil and/or it can be heated using recovered
heat from a HEAT RECOVERY LOOP.

The example file EnergyPlus\ExampleFiles\Misc\HRGenChill.idf uses
waste heat from electric generators to provide some heat to the hot
water coil loop.  It does not appear, though, that the right
components are available to recover heat from the chiller condenser
water loop.

Mike Witte

On 28 Jul 2002, at 18:18, Rainer Schubert wrote:

> The plan is to use a part of the condensate heat to heat water in a
> water storage tank or preheat water for the heating coil. And that?s the
> next question: what about a simple water storage tank?
>
> Rainer

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Free $5 Love Reading