Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Help!

The error message is a little misleading:

   ** Severe  ** Invalid Air Loop Component Type=FAN:SIMPLE:CONSVOLUME
   **   ~~~   ** Occurs in Component=SUPPLY FAN 1

The error is actually in the BRANCH object which references supply
fan 1:

BRANCH,
    Air Loop Main Branch,    !- Branch Name
    1.3,                     !- Maximum Branch Flow Rate {m3/s}
    FAN:SIMPLE:ConsVolume,   !- Comp1 Type
    Supply Fan 1 ,           !- Comp1 Name

The comp1 type is misspelled.  It should be FAN:SIMPLE:ConstVolume.

Most error messages of this type can be located by searching your
file for the invalid string.

Mike

On 17 Sep 2002, at 7:49, atri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I Need Help with this building simulation,
> there is error with the "FAN:SIMPLE:ConstVolume" section (as in the
> err message) but i can't figure out what's wrong with this building
> simulation, can't any one help me to find out what wrong with this
> building simulation, i would gratefully with any help.
>
> with this e-mail, i attached the zipped file of my building
> simulation.
>
> Thanks
>
> Atri
> ITB