Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Weather Details

At 05:05 AM 12/24/2002, divyang sharma wrote:

>Hi,
>      I want to create weather file(*.epw) for a place to check my
> calculations.So,Can you send the details of all the data required for
> creating weather file.I got the information of TMY2format from their site
> but EnergyPlus weather format is different from that of TMY2 format.

Please look at the Auxiliary programs document -- it not only describes the
Weather converter (which could transform the tmy2 format into the epw
format), it also describes the epw format in detail.

>           So,Please send all the inputs or field specifications required
> as given in the weather file for EnergyPlus.
>      Secondly,I made my *.idf file for my design.After
> simulation,following errors came.
>** Warning ** Object = RUNPERIOD,entered with less than minimum number of
>fields.
>** Warning ** Blank name for OutsideFaceEnvironment Object,in surface=wall4
>** ~~~ ** Resetting this surface to be an internal zone surface,zone=ROOM1
>** Warning ** NO OUTSIDE AIR INLET NODE LIST in input.
>** Warning **  Plant loops not found in Plant loop manager.
>** Warning ** Condenser loops not found in Condenser loop manager.

These are warnings and do not need to be removed.

For the RunPeriod -- there are a specified number of minimum fields in the
IDD, you would need to fill all those fields in your RunPeriod object.

For the Blank name -- surface=wall4, it has put in the name ROOM1 so it is
considering that surface to be an internal surface to the zone (ROOM1).  If
that is not correct, you should put in the proper name there.

The others are again just warnings and have been removed in V1.0.3 to
lessen confusion.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list