Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Control Strategy

On 9 Jan 2003, at 9:35, Alexander Beisteiner wrote:

> Dear E+User,
> I am looking at the control strategy of the PurchAir example. The
> Single Heating and Single Cooling definitions allow heating and
> cooling only in the specified periods. The temperature schedules show
> setpoints for low and high temperatures. Is this necessary?

No, it is not necessary in this case.  The setpoint schedules in
PurchAir.idf are more complex than necessary.  When using the single
heating and single cooling setpoint control types, a single schedule
for cooling setpoints can be applied all year.  The same for heating.
 The control type schedule will control the switchover between
heating and cooling.  This example file has been revised to use
simpler setpoint schedules and has been posted in the files area of
the yahoo group:

Mike

As defined
> by the Zone Control Type Schedule there is no heating in summer and no
> cooling in winter. Why are the heating setpoint and cooling setpoint
> schedules split into a summer and winter period? Wouldn?t it be
> correct the specify a one year period for each schedule? For the
> heating setpoint schedule this would mean a temperature range from 15
> to 20 °C from 1.1 to 31.12 and for the cooling setpoint schedule 30 to
> 23 °C from 1.1 to 31.12. I would appreciate your reply. Alexander
>

> __________________________________
> DI (FH) Alexander Beisteiner
> Forschungs- und Technologietransfer
> Pinkafeld GmbH
> Steinamangerstrasse 21
> 7423 Pinkafeld
>
> alexander.beisteiner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  <http://www.fh-pinkafeld.ac.at/> http://www.fh-pinkafeld.ac.at
> Tel.: 0043/3357/45370-1324
> Fax: 0043/3357/45370/1010

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Turn flat surfaces into speakers with the Soundbug.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWAVSC/onCFAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM