Re: [EnergyPlus_Support]: nominal power and motor efficiency problems

Andy:

Reviewing the sizing reports in the eio file shows that the max flow
for these loops is getting sized to zero.  Looking at CHILLED WATER
LOOP 2, it serves MAIN COOLING COIL 2 which is sized to a non-zero
flow rate.  So, something is wrong in these loops.  Look there.

Mike

On 12 Feb 2003, at 11:55, Phelps, Andrew T ERDC-CERL-IL Contractor wrote:

> I have been debugging this input file all morning.  Now I get this
> error message, but it stumps me:
>    ** Severe  ** Check input.  Pump nominal power and motor efficiency
> cannot be 0, for pump=CW CIRC PUMP 2
>    ** Severe  ** Check input.  Pump nominal power and motor efficiency
> cannot be 0, for pump=HW CIRC PUMP 2
>    ** Severe  ** Check input.  Pump nominal power and motor efficiency
> cannot be 0, for pump=CW CIRC PUMP 3
>    ** Severe  ** Check input.  Pump nominal power and motor efficiency
> cannot be 0, for pump=HW CIRC PUMP 3
>    **  Fatal  ** Errors found in Pump input
>
> If I have specified the efficiency as 0.87 and told EP to autosize the
> nominal power, why would it say this?
>
> I will upload my Base_auto2.idf in just a second (to Andrew Phelps in
> the problem submittals as usual)
>
> I can't thank you guys enough.  I would be no where without your help.
>
> Andy

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx