Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Purchased: Hot Water

Cristina:

1. Yes, the outlet temperature from PURCHASED:HOT WATER will be the
loop setpoint if the capacity is sufficient.  The inlet temperature
is determined by the coil loads and the loop flow rate.

2.  This type of system is typically used by buildings in an urban
area with district heating available.  It is also an option for
modelers who want to look just at plant loads without simulating a
boiler (or chiller, PURCHASED:CHILLED WATER).

Mike

On 3 Mar 2003, at 10:51, Cristina Castaño/LABEIN wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We use the example of the UnitHeater and we would like to know if we
> can control the temperature of inlet and outlet of the water in the
> Purchased: Hot Water. The temperature of the outlet water we think
> that it is controlled by the loop temperature setpoint schedule but we
> do not know sure.
>
> What kind of buildings use this type of system of heating?.
>

> Best regards,
> Cristina.

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/dkFolB/TM