[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Heat Pump

Sorry -- the object Coil:DX:MultiSpeed:CoolingEmpirical will be
available with the release of version 1.1 next month.  I forgot that
it wasn't included in the last release.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "don_shirey" <shirey@a...>
wrote:
> COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical cools the air (does not heat
it
> as you replied below).
>
> COIL:DX:HeatingEmpirical heats the air (does not cool it as you
> replied below).
>
> COIL:GAS:HEATING operates when the DX heating coil
> (COIL:DX:HEATINGEMPIRICAL) is unable to provide enough heat to meet
> the thermostat heating setpoint temperature.
>
> In many instances, heat pumps are sized to meet the peak cooling
> load.
>  In heating mode, the heat pump does the best it can to meet the
> heating load, but supplemental heating (typically natural gas or
> electric) is used to provide additional heating when it gets cold
> outside.
>
> There is a cooling coil object called
> Coil:DX:MultiSpeed:CoolingEmpirical that you may want to
investigate
> if you want two stages of cooling capacity (high and low).
>
> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Cristina
> Castaño/LABEIN"
> <ccastano@l...> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your help Don,
> >
> > We already knew that those are the names of three types of coils
> and
> that
> > these are explained in the input - output document and in the
> Engineering
> > Manual but we do not understand the explanation of each coil.
> >
> > We think that the COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical heats the
> air
> and
> > COIL:DX:HEATINGEMPIRICAL cools it. And if  COIL:GAS:HEATING
> operates
> > when the DX heating coil ( "HeatPump DX Heating Coil 1") is
unable
> > provide enough heat by itself to maintain the thermostat heating
> setpoint
> > temperature in the control zone, why isn´t there other coil to
> maintain the
> > thermostat cooling setpoint temperature?.
> >
> > Cristina.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM