Antw: [EnergyPlus_Support] COMIS wind velocity profile exponent "conflict" and wind direction.

> #1:
> COMIS Site Wind Conditions
> Field: Wind direction
> Am I supposed to get the wind direction from weather file?
> Is the wind direction available in EnergyPlus weather file?
Yes, wind direction and wind speed are in the EPW file (fields N20 and
N21)

> #2: Taken from 3zvent.idf
> COMIS SIMULATION,
> 0.14,  !- Wind velocity profile exponent {dimensionless}
This is the wind profile exponent of the site where wind speed (and
direction) are "being measured"

> COMIS SITE WIND CONDITIONS,
> 0.32,  !- Exponent of Wind velocity profile {dimensionless}
This is the wind profile exponent of the building site.

> Does it conflict? If yes, which one overcomes the other?
No, the are both used to transform meteorological wind speed to site
wind speed by
1. calculating the meteorological wind speed for "boundary thickness
height" (usually 60 or more meters) at met. station site
2. calculating the site wind speed for building height

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Achim Geissler

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!