[EnergyPlus_Support] modelling zones with many vertices?

Hi,

I've uploaded an idf file describing my problem.

I'm trying to model high rise public housing in singapore and see how
external shading, orientation of apartment unit and altitude of unit
within a building block affects the thermal performance.

To start the experiment, I need to model the typical level of the
apartment block, which has 4 apartment units per level, arranged
around a central rectangular core.

All apartments have similar plans, but mirrored to the adjacent one.

The plan is extremely irregular (I may need to sub divide the zones
according to the rooms and other areas later)

My problems are,

So far, I am just testing to see how the different orientation of the
apartments affects the thermal performance. I am using 4 regular
quadrilaterals zones to describe 1 unit, but the sub division is very
different from the actual plan division. This is rather the simplest
way to describe the overall plan.

1. How do I describe the interfaces between these sub-zones to best
replicate the effects of a single larger zone?

2. Right now i'm just describing them as concrete walls. Would this
cause inaccuracies in terms of effects of air flow?

3. Right now the results show the north east apartment as the hottest
and the south west as the coolest. This defies conventional wisdom in
Singapore, a country on the equator. Have I made any mistakes?

4. I need only to describe qualitatively the thermal performances and
thus am using the "purchased air", with parameters copied from the
example files. Is there more detailed documentation or "typical"
examples of actual "typical systems" that I may get to define the
parameters?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Yijun Huang