Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] standardized residential house

Joe Huang at LBNL created residential prototypes
using DOE-2.  I believe he may be updating some
of those to EnergyPlus.  (His email address is
YJHuang@xxxxxxx)

                      "Michael J.
                      Witte"                   To:       EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx        cc:
                      >                        Subject:  Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] standerized residential
                                                house
                      06/18/2003 12:34
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      EnergyPlus_Suppor

Here are a few references which you may find helpful:

Kelso and Kinzey, Buildings Energy Databook, DOE Office of Energy
Efficiency and Renewable Energy (should be available somewhere on
www.eere.energy.gov)

Wenzel et al, Energy Data Sourcebook for the U.S. Residential Sector,
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, LBL-40297, UC-1600, September
1997.

http://enduse.lbl.gov/Projects/RED.html

Huang et al, Residential Heating and Coolign Loads Component
Analysis, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, LBNL-44636, November
1999.  (may be available at www.lbl.gov)

Mike

On 17 Jun 2003, at 16:45, idoebber wrote:

> Does anyone know of a base house construction used by researches to
> compare energy loads mainly for North America.  I have found journals
> from the 1980's analyzing a single story, 3 bedroom, 1540 ft2 ranch
> house but was interested in a more recent stereotypical design
> preferably with 2 stories and at least 2000 ft2 of floor area.
>
> Thanks
> Ian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Looking for the latest Free IT White Papers?
Visit SearchNetworking.com to access over 500 white papers.
Get instant access at SearchNetworking.com Today
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YyjvfD/OLNGAA/uitMAA/dkFolB/TM