Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] strange simulation results

I see several things which may be contributing to this result:

1.  The floor plan is not rectangular, so all zones have some walls
facing in each direction.  Because of the triangular sections, the
northern zones may actually have more southerly exposure than the
southern zones.

2.  The shading from neighboring buildings is not symmetrical.  There
is much more shading on the west side of the building.

3.  The weather data indicates that solar intensities are often
higher in the morning than in the afternoon.  If you run a design
day, you'll see higher loads in the west zones than in the east.  Is
it common for afternoons to be more cloudy than mornings in
Singapore?  This may be the primary driver.

Mike

On 8 Jul 2003, at 9:58, sdep1017 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running a simplifed case of energy performance in Singapore
> public housing. The results over a one year run seem to show that east
> facing units are warmer than west facing units, and north warmer than
> south.
>
> This seems to contradict conventional wisdom that west facing units
> are warmer. Has anyone encountered such results before?
>
> My idf and weather files have been uploaded in the problem submittal
> section, under the folder named "yijun huang". thanks.

> ---------------------~--> Inkjet cartridges up to 80% off. HP, Epson,
> Lexmark--we have your brand. Free shipping on every order to the U.S.
> and Canada! Excellent service.
> http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWB0QC/.eUGAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx