Antw: [EnergyPlus_Support] FW: [bldg-sim] Corner heat loss

Hi all,

concerning below mentioned questions: A further suggestion is to look
at ESP-r (www.esru.strath.ac.uk). This is a DTM program but with the
tools to detail 3D constructions such as those mentioned below included
(in theory, very nifty, this).

Regards,
Achim

Mit freundlichen Grüssen  / Best regards / Salutations / Cordialmente

Achim Geissler
Dr. Ing.
Façade Engineering

Schmidlin Ltd Facade Technology
Steinackerstrasse 69, CH-4147 Aesch
Phone +41 61 755 91 11
Direct  +41 61 755 95 02
Fax      +41 61 755 94 18

achim.geissler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.schmidlingroup.com

>>> Christian.Struck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03.09.2003  18.34 Uhr >>>
> Vic,
>
> we solved some issues on thermal bridging by using FLOVENT
(Flomerics)
> before. Reasonably easy to get into and a nice post processor.
> I could also suggest Airpak (Fluent); as far as I know one of the
less
> expensive codes available; even so I only had a trial on it so far.
Both
> packages are specific HVAC applications rather than general purpose
> CFD-codes. Main difference is, Airpak is much younger than Flovent
but
> works with unstructured mesh whilst Flovent uses a structured mesh
with
> the facility (Release 4.1) to localise the mesh in areas of concern.
>
> Since we are talking about 3d models and temperature distribution you
are
> bound to CFD codes rather than DTM (Dynamic thermal modelling)
software.
> I would appreciate more comments on Vic's issue!
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Christian

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM