Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] operative temperature control

Only the radiant systems have the option to be controlled on
operative temperature.  You could turn on the thermal comfort
model(s) and adjust the control setpoints for the baseboard until
approximately the same comfort level was achieved, but this is an
iterative process.  It provides useful information in many ways but
can be tedious.  Note that even in doing this, no radiant effect from
the baseboard heater would affect the comfort index of the space
occupants.

Mike

On 4 Sep 2003, at 20:11, david charette wrote:

> Can I control baseboard heating with operative
> temperature?
>
> I want to compare energy use by radiant system to heat
> a room with energy use by a baseboard, for the same
> operative temperature.
>
> David

> ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your
> HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders
> $50 or more to the US & Canada.
> http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support