Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Sensible Heating and Cooling Loads

If you are reporting hourly, you are getting an average result over
several HVAC timesteps.  Report results at the "detailed" frequency
so that you can see data for every HVAC time step.  This may help
explain what is happening.

Mike

On 12 Oct 2003, at 16:26, Peter G Loutzenhiser wrote:

> All,
> I have built a simulation and when I run it I get both zone sensible
> heating and cooling rates during the same hours.  I am using Normal
> Damper Heating Action, but when I look at my zone output, I have mass
> flow rates above the minimum specified fraction.  I then look at my
> "Total water heating coil rate" I am still transferring heat into the
> air stream, which seems very odd.  Has anyone run into to similar
> problems, and is there a remedy?  Thanks.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Peter Loutzenhiser
> post@xxxxxxxxxxx
> PhD Student
> Mechanical Engineering
> Iowa State University
> Office: 515-294-0365

> ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your
> HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders
> $50 or more to the US & Canada.
> http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support