[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: EnergyPlus weather data

Andy,

We just checked the Adak EPW file that is on the EnergyPlus web site
and there is only a single 11/11 in the file.  If you are using an
older version of file (older than six months or so ago), as Linda
says, there are strange things in TMYs that we now check for and
correct.  I'd suggest downloading the newest file from the web site.

Dru

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Linda Lawrie <linda@l...>
wrote:
> At 10:16 AM 10/14/2003, Andy Tindale wrote:
> >Mike, two things:
> >
> >1. I noticed that the file epluswth.dll which is installed with
the latest
> >version of EnergyPlus is quite a lot larger than the previous
one, though
> >it has
> >the same function names.  DesignBuilder uses this epluswth.dll to
do its
> >weather
> >data processing. Is there anything I need to know about the
changes?

> No, nothing you need to know.  Not quite sure why the dll grew
from release
> 1.1.0 to 1.1.1.  There is some new code in there that hasn't been
activated
> yet but perhaps the increased size is due to the further
statistics we are
> doing.
>

> >2. In processing weather data for USA_AK_Adak.NAS_TMY.epw my code
crashes
> >because there are 2 days recorded as being 11th November.  The
days have
> >different data and I'm wondering whether I should just delete a
block of 24
> >records to tidy it up?
>
> We will look into this.  We had some problems with some of the old
TMY data

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM