Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC loops

Maximum iteration errors are usually related to mass flow or temperature
problems around the loop.  This occurs when the air loop side is doing
something contrary to the zone equipment.  Examples of situations which may
cause this include:  sum of peak terminal unit airflows does not equal the peak
supply fan air flow, node connection errors, bad control nodes, incorrect use
of active and passive branches, inconsistent equipment schedules, and
inconsistent control setpoints.

Mike

On 3 Dec 2003, at 14:05, mikemccarty79 wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am having problems with my model and getting the following warning
> message: SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC loops.  I
> get about 15 of these warnings and then one that says:
> ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Exceeding max iterations continues...50
> ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Exceeding max iterations continues...100
> Does anyone have any suggestions of attack for debuging this
> problem?  Thanks
>
> Mike McCarty
> Graduate Student, Mechanical Engineering
> Iowa State University
> 2043 Black Engineering
> Ames, IA 50010
> 515-294-3080
> mmccarty@xxxxxxxxxxx

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511