Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Crashed file for illuminance map generation

Lee:

When I first ran this on my machine it crashed due to "insufficient virtual
memory".  Please run this file in ep-launch with "View-->Pause During
Simulation" selected and confirm if you receive a similar error message.

If so, this means that you need to increase the size of your virtual memory
page file.  In Windows 2000, the procedure is as follow:

Go to the control panel (Start --> Settings --> Control Panel)
Open the System control panel
Select the Advanced tab
Select Performance Options
Under Virtual Memory select Change

In this dialog, you can set the sizes for paging files on each hard drive.
Your file is now running on my machine.  With some other applications open, the
Task Manager (right-click the toolbar and open task manager) says I'm using
nearly 1.4 GB of memory.  The big jump in memory came when the message
"Calculating Daylighting Factors" showed in the EnergyPlus window.  It's been
at that point for over an hour now.  You'll need to set your total paging file
maximum size plus physical RAM to be greater than 1.4 GB in order for this to
run.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support