[EnergyPlus_Support] Comparing Sys/Air temperaturs between Purchase Air & heat pump.

Dear Support team,

We are using EnergyPlus for research purposes, and it is essential
that we can compare results of various runs. Unfortunately, although
the only change we have made between two runs is in the type of
acclimatization system, going from Purchase Air (PA) to a heat pump,
we cannot repeat the exact temperatures reached with the PA.
Instead, we receive with the HeatPump varying temperatures in the
vicinity of the target set-point. This does not stem form improper
sizing, as we use the auto-size feature, and the temperatures in
winter actually exceed the set-point a little. E.g, instead of being
exactly 20.5C during the heating period of a given day, we obtain the
values below:
20.4691
20.5241
20.5200
20.5157
20.5138
20.5135
20.5133
20.5133
20.5123
20.5110
Which are not constant, and usually exceed the set-point during most
of the hours, except in this case during the first hour. In other
cases the overheating starts even during the first hour.

The heat-pump we use is based on your file HeatPumpAuto.idf.
The two idf files are uploded to folder named: "PA and HeatPump
files" created today (4/1).
We would like to stress the point that with Purchase Air we obtained
constant temperatures during the entire heating period, except the
first hour.

We will greatly appreciate a prompt reply how to handle the heatpump
in order to obtain constant temperatures.

Many thanks, and a happy new year,

Assoc. Prof. Rachel Becker
Eng. Itamar Goldberger

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: