[EnergyPlus_Support] Zones in Energyplus

Hi, there,

I have a question for using energyplus. Could somebody give me an
answer?

I am simulating a radiant slab cooling system (Hydrolic low
temperature radiant slab system) in a 40m*40m plan building.

If I use DOE to simualte a conventional HVAC system, this building
could be considered as 5 different zones( one central zone and four
perimeter zones). And there is no internal wall between zones.

But if I use Energyplus to simulate the radiant slab system, do I
need to zone the building to five zones? If the building is taken as
five zones, and there is no internal walls between zones, so the
simulate result will has a warning for zones that do not have six
surfaces. Could I omit this warning or should I add a internal wall
between zones?

Thanks.

Zhen Tian

 -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: